Thursday, January 22, 2009

Patriotic coffee

I had chill-out time at Starbucks with a peppermint mocha and my latest read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Yummm...

Crappy picture I know (my cell's camera quality isn't great), but I loved that those things that keep the coffee from burning yours hands (I'm sure there is a technical term for it) the sleeves (! I just remembered) were red, white and blue with a FDR quote on it. Inauguration celebration!

But sitting at Starbucks makes me feel like I'm 5 years old again. I was sitting and waiting for my coffee and hearing drink orders like "Vente triple shot, non-fat, sugar free, vanilla, soy frappuccino" or "Iced Single Vente, Peppermint, Caramel Sauce Top, Light Ice, No whip, Mocha.". To tell you the truth, I think I'm missing the coffee gene... How does someone even realize that that is what they want? I know that Seattle is the coffee capital of the world (or so it thinks) and having pretty much grown up in Seattle, I don't know how I know absolutely nothing about coffee. I mean I've really only just recently even started drinking real coffee (as real as a mocha is) and I can only drink it with flavor or from a gas station drink station.

And just because I think I live in one of the most beautiful places in this giant country of ours... another crappy phone pic!

No comments: