Thursday, January 29, 2009

I wanna feel the heat with somebody...

Anybody else watching American Idol? I know it's a terrible show, but I can't help it!

To continue yesterday's theme, I want to feature some centerpieces with unusual vases.

I love the colors of this first, but I also like the low, dark container. It doesn't look heavy or overdone.
[Source]

Love. Love. LOVE this one! I love the contrast of the red pail with the white dahlias. And the lanterns add a sense of playfulness.
[Source]

This is from Our Labor of Love, but I really love the contrasting textures between the flowers, fillers, and galvanized pail.
[Source]

This is a simple way to dress up galvanized pails, get decorative paper and just wrap it around the pail. You could make each table a different theme, with different beautiful paper.
[Source]

Another example of dressing up a galvanized pail. I love the contrast here too between the poppies and the white lace.
[Source]

Mrs. Cookie from Weddingbee's centerpieces. I love the colors with the wood boxes!!
[Source]

F actually really loved this one, he loved the idea of growing our own centerpieces. I also think you could jazz up those galvanized pails to fit any theme.
[Source]

I beg of you to go check out Hoot and Hearts galleries, they are SO mind-blowingly beautiful. Everytime I go I get new inspiration and am blown away with their creativity
[Source]

Lots of different vases along the table, many of which look like dressed up tin cans. Easy peesy lemon squeezy
[Source]

All around simple. A few of one type of flower, in a plain wooden box.
Unfortunately I have searched and can't find the source for this...

I absolutely love this! Collect vintage tin cans, it brings extra color to the table.
[Source]

Another example of vintage tin cans. Love it.
[Source]
Watering cans add a sense of vintage garden party.
[Source]

Pretty paper makes me smile.
[Source]

Use a planted centerpieces. Pots could be painted to match colors, and centerpieces could be given away as gifts and they would actually last!
[Source]

Happy almost friday!!

No comments: