Friday, January 23, 2009

Holy crow

Today marks the day 5 years ago that F and I went on our first date. I can't even believe it.

I made his card last night with an IOU for his present (I'll show you why in a second).

Front of the card included a picture of us from the first major family event we attended together. It was his cousin's wedding in September of 2004. It was also one of the only early pictures I have in digital. He still thinks he looks goofy, but he was 18 and I was 17.

My large kitten is helping me out. Check out his extreme paws.

Considering what needs to be done next.

The inside had a note, a quote, and a picture of us. The picture is one we took of ourselves right after he proposed in July 2008. I've blurred it because our love notes don't need to be on the internet.

Double checking for spelling mistakes.

His IOU! I wanted to get him a new coat, one that isn't a snow jacket or his hunting camouflage jacket, but because he is so tall and so skinny it's hard to find things that fit properly, so we are going to go shopping together for it on Sunday.


Beautiful boy.

My anniversary flowers. F brought me a dozen red roses that smell wonderful. He loves to give roses (I think) because he feels they are the ultimate romantic flower. I ran out to the backyard and grabbed some greenery. Tip for this is, grab greenery that has lots of texture.


F also offered me an IOU, but for jewelery. When we go shopping we are going to look around, but one of the choices he had was to get the diamond in my e-ring upgraded to a larger stone. Hmmm, we'll see.

No comments: