Monday, May 11, 2009

Whirlwind Venue Visits Part 2

So after Mom and I had visited Edgefield, we decided to drive around to some other venues in the area (unannounced) and see if any of them could see us. That's how we ended up at Gray Gables. Gray Gables was beautiful, absolutely beautiful, feast your eyes on this loveliness...

The outside ceremony site

Soft sound of running water

Beautiful raised bridge, that would make beautiful pictures...

Main ceremony area

The aisle I would walk down


Reception area is through those doors


The reception space; beautiful, spacious, plush carpets and crystal chandeliers...

All set up for an event...

Gray Gables was beautiful- amazingly landscaped and and set-up. While touring the venue I felt like it was gorgeous, but maybe a little too fancy for F and I; I'm not sure we're crystal chandelier type of people. So with that in mind, when the consultant laid the price for a four hours block of time, I was already okay if we weren't going to be able to afford it... and holy shiz there was absolutely no way. For four hours of time, it was at least twice as much as Edgefield, which you get for the whole day. It was also more than what I want our entire budget to be by a significant amount. I could tell it was going to be expensive, but I was shocked at the final number... Mom and I walked out shaking our heads at the ridiculous.

So continues the venue hunt.

1 comment:

a.m.t. said...

Oy, I am always amazed at how much of a rip-off venues are. Especially when you factor in the cost of catering, etc...

You WILL find your venue, though! I promise!