Sunday, October 12, 2008

So, economically speaking...

Looks like we're about to face some really tough times. Let me just say that my Jewish bargain-hunting gene is inflamed like a stubbed toe right now! Perusing the other wedding blogs, I have been seeing nothing but advice and suggestions for cutting corners, and I am so glad that this pragmatic approach is being painted in a popular light (even if brought on by unfortunate circumstances).

The venue... I think that's where I last left off. I found this place in Bellingham called The Majestic. It's a grand hall downtown that can seat up to 350-400 (don't worry, my guest list is much smaller), but it would be plenty enough room to invite the larger version of the guest list, set up a buffet, and have dancing. Originally I had conceived a brunch reception for myself, but because the wedding will most likely be in winter, I am leaning toward an evening reception. If that happens, Finace and I decided that we want to have troughs of Middle Eastern food--pita, humus, tzaziki, Greek salad, Tabouleh, and, of course, skewers of chicken and LAMB. Yum... tastiful. In any case, I want guests to walk into this beautiful space downtown and feel warmed up by the smells of spices and lots of rich colors in the decor.

I am excited. At the same time, this bride-to-be is very overwhelmed by the rigors of full-time grad school and full-time work. My entries may be sporadic, but I will be dress shopping in a few weeks and also dedicating myself to researching affordable catering options.

~Anna

PS. Mandie--the wedding venue looks incredible.

No comments: