Friday, October 31, 2008

I think I know where I am getting married

After many good discussions with some of my young married friends, I have realized that weddings (hopefully) only happen once and should include everything you want. As October ends, I realize that this will always be the most beautiful time of the year, and I love it. I always will. So Fiance and I are getting married on October 10, 2010 (10/10/10), at the Deming Log Show Grounds in Deming, WA. Deming is a small town on the way to Mt. Baker. The venue is huge, it's out in nature, there is a grand hall (referred to as "the museum"), and a 24 hour rental costs $500.00. SOLD.

I haven't made the reservation yet, but this is where it will be. I have a feeling about this one... and it will be the wedding that I have always wanted, with fall colors and a fire in the fireplace and a lace dress. We will be out there in the most beautiful corner of the earth, with the leaves changing to orange and red and the fog of the North Cascades rolling in.

I have to say that most of my inspiration to follow my heart came from my good friend, Jana. We are in grad school together, and she just celebrated her third wedding anniversary. She and her husband were married on their favorite beach at Deception Pass in early September. The wedding wore flip-flops and the colors were white, tan, and a bright yellow. Guests sat on arranged driftwood. Instead of a unity candle, Jana and her husband each poured a jar of sand from the beach into a larger glass container (which they still have). It is the incorporation of nature and the simplicity that comes across as the most memorable from that wedding.

Exciting news--I am trying on wedding dresses tomorrow!

Sometimes I wish our wedding were next year ('09), but sometimes I am thankful for the time. Hmmm... I wonder...

~Anna

No comments: