Thursday, September 4, 2008

Feeling so naked

F and I took my ring in today to get resized before I head abroad. I've only been wearing the ring for a little over a month, but I feel so naked without it! I love my ring, but I didn't realize how much of a friend she has become.

In her honor I will post her picture for the world to see. I think if she was to have a name, it would be something vintage-y, like Ruth.


As you can see, she's a little tight, making my finger feel like a sausage in a just too tight casing. So she is getting resized up a quarter of a size.

In other news... My mother has saved my life! I was complaining in my last post of being overwhelmed and not being able to find an easy way of seeing the venues in the Portland area. Yesterday, my mom introduced me to a website that has changed my life.

http://www.bravowedding.com/Bravo_Sources/Venues/Reception__Wedding_Sites/

This website has dozens and dozens of venues! Places I hadn't heard of/thought of. I has officially contacted at least 3 places for pricing information, and if they fit our budget then I will contact them for tour. Yay! I feel like I'm not a complete, way-behind failure!

One of the places I'm looking into is this: http://www.andersonlodge.com/ which offers exactly what I was lamenting for before, a lodge that you rent out for the whole weekend and everyone hangs out and it's like a big family/friend reunion! I really want to drive up there and check them out, it's actually a really good price in comparison to everything else for the length of time we would get it for.

I'm feeling much more excited about the whole wedding planning process!

Maybe I will venture out and check out some wedding gowns tomorrow, maybe see if the Mama wants to go.

Wee!

~Mandie

No comments: